Use these blood sugar logs to help you keep track of your blood sugar levels. Here you will find over 10 styles of printable blood sugar charts that you can use to log your blood sugar levels.
A blood sugar log sheet is also great for helping you discuss your levels and condition with your healthcare provider so they can help you make adjustments to your medication, diet, or other lifestyle factors that might be impacting your blood sugar levels.
Printable blood sugar chart
These printable blood sugar charts have space for you to track your blood sugar levels before you eat and at different points of the day after your meals.
You can note down what you ate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner then record your blood glucose levels 1-2 hours after your meal.
There is also a note section where you can list any medications you took or certain symptoms you might be feeling.
If you have a condition that affects your blood sugar levels, such as diabetes then using a weekly blood sugar log will allow you to see patterns and abnormalities in your blood sugar levels over time.
Blood sugar logs
Use our printable blood sugar logs to track your blood sugar levels after every meal. They come in a variety of designs to suit your style and will fit perfectly in your medical planner or binder.
Choose your favorite blood sugar tracker template, save it to your computer, and then print it for the best results.
Why is it important to track your blood sugar levels?
Tracking your blood sugar levels is important if you live with a health condition that affects your blood sugar levels. Tracking your blood sugar with a CGM device (continuous glucose monitoring), or using blood sugar meters is a great way of monitoring your blood sugar levels and managing your condition.
Here are some reasons why it is important to track your blood glucose levels:
- Avoid further problems: Diabetics aren’t the only people who need to worry about their blood sugar levels. High blood sugar can cause other complications such as cardiovascular disease, eye damage, kidney disease, and nerve damage. These can be long-term complications that you are best avoiding.
- Adjust medication and lifestyle: Tracking your blood sugar levels can help you and your doctor understand how effectively you are managing your condition and if you need to make any adjustments to your medication or lifestyle changes to manage your condition better.
- Better overall health: As you log your blood sugar over time, you will become aware of patterns and trends that affect your blood sugar levels. Being aware of these changes can help you adjust your diabetes care plan or other health care plans to suit your needs, whether that’s your diet, physical activities, or medication.
How do I track my blood sugar daily?
There are different ways to track your blood sugar and a selection of blood glucose meters to choose from.
The most common way of getting a blood sugar reading is by using a blood glucose monitor. This is a very simple way of tracking your blood sugar as all you have to do is use the lancet to prick the side of your fingertip and then place that drop of blood on a test strip which is then read by your monitor.
Some blood sugar monitors have an app so you can see your results and track them digitally but if not, you can always use our weekly log.
You can also track your blood sugar using a continuous glucose monitor which is a sensor that is inserted under the skin and tracks your blood sugar levels. These are a more costly way of monitoring and prices can start from $1,000, however, if you live in the UK and have type 1 diabetes you may be able to get one on the NHS.
What is the normal range for blood sugar?
The normal range for blood sugar depends on the time of day and whether you have eaten recently. Generally, normal blood sugar ranges are:
- Fasting blood sugar (before eating): 70-99 mg/dL (3.9-5.5 mmol/L)
- Blood sugar 2 hours after eating: less than 140 mg/dL (7.8 mmol/L)
- Random blood sugar (at any time of day): less than 140 mg/dL (7.8 mmol/L)
Blood sugar can vary based on what you eat, and drink, and even how little sleep you get.
Eating high sugar or carbs can cause a blood sugar spike, along with stress, lack of physical activity, hormone imbalance, or changes and medications such as steroids.
There are so many things that can affect your blood sugar levels, and that is why it is important to monitor your levels, especially if you have a condition that affects your blood sugar.
How to use our planners for the best finish
Resize it – Our printable planner inserts are made for US Letter sized paper. But you can easily resize printable planners.
Print it – We recommend using nice quality paper for printing our planners and planner pages.
Style it – Style your planner! Put them in your favorite ring binder, notebook binder, or even bind your own with a paper punch binder and stylish dividers and tabs.
More awesome printables and templates from World of Printables
We’ve created a huge amount of these health planners that will help you manage your health and fitness better than ever.
Remember to look through the rest of our planner printables, we’ve got printables for every aspect of your health and your life!
We think you’ll find these very useful:
- Create A Health Planner With These Free Printable Templates
- Free Personal Planning Template – Time To Focus On You
- Medical Contact List
- Medication Log – 8 of the Best Templates
- Weight Loss Tracker Template
- Printable Period Tracker Template
- Printable Personal Growth Plan Template – You Need This In Your Life!
- Symptom Tracker Printable
- Sleep Log Printable
- Blood Pressure Trackers
- Free Calorie Counter
- Exercise Schedule Template
- Printable Vitamins and Supplements Tracker Template
- Printable Simple Workout Log Template
- Printable Weight Loss Graph
More health planner templates
Some of our recent health planners. Find many more health planners that you’ll love for free.
Find 100’s more stylish planner templates that you’ll love
Some of our recent planner templates. Find many more Printable Planner Templates that will help you get on top of your life with ease. You’ll love them.
Follow World of Printables on Pinterest for more
If you like to keep a track of other things of importance that are medical, personal, or even family-orientated then check out our Household Planner. You’ll find everything you need for planning and organizing your life!
Printable blood sugar chart
Choose from this selection of printable blood sugar charts and start logging your blood sugar.
Home » Planners » Blood Sugar Logs