Cream of tartar is a must-have when it comes to making candies or other baking recipes, however, we don’t always have this at hand. Try out these cream of tartar substitutes instead.
Substitutes for cream of tartar:
- Lemon juice or vinegar: To substitute cream of tartar, use lemon juice or vinegar, which are acidic as well. Use 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice or vinegar for every 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar needed.
- Baking powder: Baking powder can replace cream of tartar in recipes requiring both. Use 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder per 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar needed.
- Yogurt or buttermilk: Substitute cream of tartar with yogurt or buttermilk, using 1/2 teaspoon of either for every 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar called for in the recipe.
- Tartaric acid: Tartaric acid is a winemaking byproduct that can substitute cream of tartar in recipes. Use the same amount as cream of tartar in the recipe.
Get your Cream of Tartar Substitutes printable below and add it to your recipe binder.
See many more recipe substitutes and get your free recipe substitute binder.
You can print this cream of tartar substitute and store it in your recipe binder for quick reference.
Discover our recipe binder!
Our recipe binder features dozens of useful pages that are perfect for anyone looking to create, store and organize their favorite recipes.
Available in different styles, and includes pages such as recipe pages, meal planners, grocery lists, kitchen conversion charts, inventories, and much more.
Best of all, it’s totally free! Get your free copy of our printable recipe binder today.
Digital Recipe Book
If you like using your iPad or tablet in the kitchen, then check out our Digital Recipe Book. Store your favorite family recipes in one convenient place and always be a winner in the kitchen!
More awesome printables for you to enjoy
If you love our recipe substitute printables and would like more awesome free printables, then check out our latest creations that you can use for free.
Every week we create a cute set of printables, planners, and digital freebies to help you make the most of the things that matter. Our creations are loved by many and are free for you to enjoy.
We think you’ll really love these:
- Blank Recipe Book – Create Your Own Cookbook For Free!
- Recipe Binder – Organize Your Favorite Recipes For Free
- Weekly Meal Planners
- Food Journal Printable
- Recipe Cards – 50 Styles To Print For Free
- Digital Recipe Book – Organize Your Favorite Recipes For Free
- Kitchen Conversions – Printable charts for measurements, temperature, and more.
- Grocery List Templates
Follow World of Printables on Pinterest
Our creations are for personal use only and are the copyright of World of Printables. You cannot redistribute, reproduce, or resell, although you can link back to our website.