Flax egg is great for using in recipes such as banana bread, muffins, chocolate chip cookies, and pancakes! However, if you don’t have what you need to make a flax egg then there are some alternatives.
Flax egg is a vegan substitute made from flaxseed and water for baking. If you lack it or have a flax allergy, here are some alternatives to consider.
- Chia egg: 1 tablespoon of ground chia seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons of water can replace 1 flax egg.
- Applesauce: Unsweetened applesauce can replace flax egg in recipes that require a small amount of egg. Use 1/4 cup of applesauce instead of 1 flax egg.
- Mashed bananas: Mashed ripe bananas can replace flax egg in recipes requiring a small amount of egg. Use 1/4 to 1/2 cup of mashed bananas instead of 1 flax egg.
- Silken tofu: Silken tofu can replace flax egg in recipes requiring a large amount of egg. Blend 1/4 cup of silken tofu until smooth instead of 1 flax egg.
- Commercial egg replacers: Commercial egg replacers are available to replace flax egg. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to determine the amount needed.
Get your Flax Egg Substitutes printable below and add it to your recipe binder.
See many more recipe substitutes and get your free recipe substitute binder.
You can print this Flas Egg substitute and store it in your recipe binder for quick reference.
Discover our recipe binder!
Our recipe binder features dozens of useful pages that are perfect for anyone looking to create, store and organize their favorite recipes.
Available in different styles, and includes pages such as recipe pages, meal planners, grocery lists, kitchen conversion charts, inventories, and much more.
Best of all, it’s totally free! Get your free copy of our printable recipe binder today.
Digital Recipe Book
If you like using your iPad or tablet in the kitchen, then check out our Digital Recipe Book. Store your favorite family recipes in one convenient place and always be a winner in the kitchen!
More awesome printables for you to enjoy
If you love our recipe substitute printables and would like more awesome free printables, then check out our latest creations that you can use for free.
Every week we create a cute set of printables, planners, and digital freebies to help you make the most of the things that matter. Our creations are loved by many and are free for you to enjoy.
We think you’ll really love these:
- Blank Recipe Book – Create Your Own Cookbook For Free!
- Recipe Binder – Organize Your Favorite Recipes For Free
- Weekly Meal Planners
- Food Journal Printable
- Recipe Cards – 50 Styles To Print For Free
- Digital Recipe Book – Organize Your Favorite Recipes For Free
- Kitchen Conversions – Printable charts for measurements, temperature, and more.
- Grocery List Templates
Follow World of Printables on Pinterest
Our creations are for personal use only and are the copyright of World of Printables. You cannot redistribute, reproduce, or resell, although you can link back to our website.